Sunday, November 2, 2014

November 3rd


Talon's Last Area

Wow another very fast week. I will start with kinda the bummer part of the week. So someone our house owner has been switching our water bill with another one. So we have been paying for someone else water. And I guess the other house hasn't been paying for ours. Because on Thursday during my shower. Our water got shut off. And it still has not been turned back on yet. I had no idea how much I rely on running water. We now just go to one of our neighbors to fill up buckets. I am way lucky to have running water. I remember just complaining all day Thursday and then when I went and talked to some people about how hard their lives are I felt terrible about feeling bad for myself because their lives are way tough and most of them have never had running water their whole life. It just smacked me in the face how much we have. And I feel bad for myself when we don't have water for a week. I still got it way easy compared to the people that I meet. They have taught me a huge lesson.

Well at the beginning of the week while my comp was in Iloilo I was in Banga which was Talons last area. Pretty sweet that we have worked in the same area. People always talk about how good he was at the language. I am way proud to say that si Elder Adams ay ang pinsan ko.

An update with Alfredo. Is he has been off cigarettes for two weeks now which is way fast. Pretty much ever since we taught him about the word of wisdom he dropped his habit. Its awesome. But for some reason coffee is way harder for him. He says he now knows why coffee is so bad. He is way more addicted to coffee than cigarettes. But he decided this week that he does want to get baptized. Which is AWESOME!!! And kinda crazy because we are so still really limited with our language there are times when he asks or says something and we have no idea what he is saying. But man this guy knows!! He has changed!!! Its so crazy and I know that he has been taught by the spirit and not me because there is no way that me with the very limited language I have can teach someone that good. I just always go out of that lessons just so amazed and I know that Heavenly Father has prepared him and the spirit is teaching him. That's how I know at least I am doing something right. That the spirit is working with me and I cannot describe it but man you should hear him pray!!! I am so excited for him!

So ya its way cool to be a part of this. I have learned that we really aren't the teacher. If you really want an effective lessons the spirit has to teach. That's all I rely on because I am so new and still learning the language. I  NEED the spirit. I still love where I am at and love the other missionaries. There is such a strong bond and everyone takes care of each other its way sweet!!! I love the opportunity that our Heavenly Father gives us to go and serve a mission!! There is nothing like this in the world!!!! I feel so lucky to be here and excited for all of the upcoming challenges that are ahead. I love you all so much and hope you are all doing so good. The Halloween picture this week was hilarious! You guys are awesome. Keep it up! I love you

Love,


Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne





On top of a Jeepny.  No room to ride inside the Jeepny.