Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27th



Well Family!!! So when you are a new missionary you go into something called a 12 week program. This is my last week!!! I am graduating the 12 week program. Yay!!! It is so crazy that I have been on a mission for almost 4 months!!! This transfer has gone by so fast. Because we have really just gone out and worked hard and had a lot of fun! I have loved this transfer.  And no after this week I will no longer be a "new missionary" So I am excited for that. Even though I don't really feel like a new missionary right now!



Well anyway earlier today our whole zone went to this way nice beach with white sand. It was so much fun. We set up a volleyball net and it was just so much fun. We have a lot of fun people in our zone. It is cool to have a bunch of kids from around the world. We got Malaysia, Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand, Philippines, and America. Way sweet. They gospel is for the whole world. Its awesome! We all brought our rice and ulam and threw it all out on the banana leaves and just dug in with our hands. So much fun!!!

This week we were able to meet the Almonon Family at the church for the first two lessons. They wanted to go to the church because their neighbors are really giving them a hard time about wanting to become Mormons. But they have enough faith to take their family on a trike to the church just to listen to us. Its way cool that they do that! The same kind of problems is going on with Alfredo. He said that people are always saying "bakit ka magiging Mormon?" They both live in a rough area. The Almonon Family said that they are feeling good enough that we can teach them in their house this week! So I am way excited for that! Alfreado is still working on the Word of Wisdom. Its is hard for him because there are no members in his area. He will be the only one in hisbarungay. But we are really trying to help him and he is really trying to figure it out. His brother is making it a little hard for him. 



Well anyway I got to give a little shoutout to Ryker. This little stud is turning 14!!!



I cannot believe Macy is coming home this week. That is amazing. I read her last letter and wow did it get me motivated!!! I want to be like that. Wow how cool are missions??? This week I just kinda realized something in one of our lessons. So when I teach I use Tagalog. When my Comp teaches he uses Illongo. When we have a member at our lesson he uses Aklanon. So in one lesson we have three different languages!!! Kinda crazy huh? Well only in the Philippines. I love it. I am so happy to be here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to meet these amazing people and to walk around and just practice my language with them! Its so fun! Well Thank you family for all or your letters and support! I have the best family in the world. I know I say that a bunch but. I believe it!!! We are way blessed!!! Well I just love being a missionary!!!! Talk to you next week!!!


Love,


Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne