Sunday, November 30, 2014

December 1st


Christmas came early this year!!

Well it is December!!! Christmas season! How crazy is that? I got a sweet surprise one day when I came home. Elder Christensen and Elder Swan put my packages that my parents sent under our Christmas tree. So when I got home and I was exhausted it was way sweet to open some early Christmas presents! Thank you family!!!!

Well this week was great we got more new investigators going to church so we have a good pool of all new investigators. We were really busy because the sisters had to move apartments so we got to help them with that. I was also able to baptize Helen. She lives in Kalibo so that was really cool. She is awesome and was way way excited.

Something pretty sweet happened yesterday. It will be a little hard to explain but I will try my best! Well anyway we decided to go visit a girl named Unna. She was an investigator before and the members said it would be good to visit her. Anyway when we asked around for her people took us in to a house which was so so dark and nothing in it but a suitcase. And then we saw this 30 year old girl in the corner crying. I am not going to lie. It was really scary at first. Anyway we tried talking to her and told her we were missionaries. She still was crying pretty bad but we got her up and she was like how did you know it was my birthday??? This is a true story. She was way way sad and depressed. We had no idea it was her birthday. But Heavenly Father knew and I believe he sent us to her because he cares for each one of his children. He loves every one and does special things for all of us to show his love. I was hit so hard with the feeling that wow He cares about a 30 year old girl who was having a rough time. I felt the love that He had for her. It was an amazing experience. The girl was feeling pretty hopeless but she felt like Heavenly Father knew her and knew her situation. Wow ......it was amazing. I hope i explained it OK. But I know that Heavenly Father cares about even the little thing in our lives and does little things that some might not notice as miracles but they are just to let them know. Hey I am here, I know you, and I care about you. I felt that so strong yesterday!

Well I got to roll out. We are going to have a sweet feast tonight with all the missionaries in the zone! So I am way excited about that. Its going to be way fun. Well I feel great here. I am staying healthy and trying everyday to get better at the language and teaching. I still have a lot to learn but I don't really feel new anymore so that's great! But thanks for all of your letters I love you all so much. My family is amazing that's all I can say. It sounds like you took full advantage of the Cabin and snow! Keep it up!!!! I love you all! And hope you have a great week:)

Love,

Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne

Live crabs some lady gave us


Helen Escolada