Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27th 2015


April 2015 is almost in the books! And another transfer as well. Right now I am in my 7th transfer on the mission. Time is crazy! This week was wonderful. Like I said last week our area got split in half. So now there are 6 missionaries here. So this week we started over and found people in a new place. So we found a lot of old investigators from other missionaries in the past and they seemed excited to have us back! The three families we are focusing on are the PortillioUball, and Lago family! All of them are great and have huge potential.

I love the people we are working with. They are solid and are investigating the gospel for the right reasons and that's what I love! We got I new apartment mate. Elder Crihton from Australia and he is Samoan. He actually stayed in the MTC for 12 days. So very fresh! He is a lot of fun tho! For pictures this week! I was able to get one downloaded. But it is taking a very long time to get the others. I know I am struggling at sending pictures. 

But we had a stake wide service project this week where we cleaned up a part of the town that was destroyed by the Typhoon and made it look really nice to make it a symbol of the church in Roxas! It was a great idea and looks great there were a lot of people that helped and was very successful! 

This week I studied a lot about the Atonement and was amazed how many times the Book of Mormon talks about the Atonement. It really does but it in detail the magnitude of the Atonement or in Tagalog Pagbayad-sala. Which bayad means pay and sala means sin! So literally the payment of sin.I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Pagbayad-sala ni Jesu Cristo. Through the atonement he really understands our pain and trails. So we can never say that no one understands what we are going though because that just isn't true! He knows! I am so grateful for that!

Again I am just loving my mission. And all of the things I have learned and still have to learn! There is nothing like being on a mission and talking to people who are so surprised and so happy that you can speak their language. its special and I get a lot of joy out of serving!

I love you all so much and know all is well at home!

Love,
Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne