Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19th 2015


Wow another sweet week here in the Philippines. I looks like everyone is trying to make me jealous about them being in the cabin but it wont work!!!!! Ha cuz I am in the Philippines!!!! Today I totally went fishing in the ocean using shrimp as bait! I was only there for five min. and I caught one right out of the ocean! Earlier today we had a zone activity at a nice beach and I cooked all of the food! Filipino style!!! It actually turned out pretty good!!! I am excited to show you!!! 

So this was the week of the Atiatihan (big week long celebration and parade) which means a lot of our investigators were not home. But that was OK we still were very busy! We had one of the best first lessons with an investigator since I have been here. They are all getting better but this one was especially good. We were tracting on the beach and we decided to talk to a dad who was with his kids picking up sea shells. We gave him a pamphlet and he wouldn't let us set an appointment but said he would text us when we can come over to his house. Which usually means can you please leave. Hey but this time guess what the guy actually texted us! He wanted us to come to his house at 8 in the morning. And when we came he was all prepared and said he wanted to give us his religious background and it was perfect. He talked about how he has gone to so many churches and he said there has to be more! So when we talked about the Book of Mormom he was really excited and I showed him my Quad with all of the scriptures in one and he wanted to buy it off of me because he thought it was so cool! It was awesome I have been praying so hard for the Lord or prepared some people while we are tracting and this guy named Teady Revera seemed very prepared!

We got to go to the Atiatihan but we OYMed the whole time. So I didn't sit and watch it. It was huge! Tons and tons of people and really it was a giant parade for a week straight!!! Our area was like a ghost town on Sunday because seriously everyone goes. But we were able to get Harvey who will be baptized on Sunday to stay for church so he can get baptized on Saturday. And he did which was a good way to show his faith! So I was very happy to see him come even though our attendance was super low because of the parade!

Well family we are doing it! We are having success and its great! This might be my last week in this area and then its going to be all different again! so I am excited for that challenge. Sounds like you guys had fun at the cabin! Thanks for the pictures they are sweet.Well I need to run the Perlas family is cooking us dinner!!! I love you guys so so so much and I seriously am just loving the Pines!!! Take care

Love,
Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne