Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 12th

Wow another fast fast week. I feel like I just emailed you a few days ago what is going on? Time goes by fast. Everyday is so fast as soon as I get home from work I still go to sleep right after we plan for the next day! It takes all my energy to focus on what people are saying and then focus harder on how to say something back! But its so cool and I love it! It is really cool to see the simulates of languages.

Well enough of that the language is going good. But still have a lot to learn. This week as you heard in my voice recordings (if you got my voice recordings). We had miracles happen this week. Well we have miracles every week but this week was special. I really learned the power of family prayer. I remember at home every night before we would go to bed we would study the scriptures and have a family prayer. Most of the time we would complain because we had  homework or were busy but eventually mom convinced us to get together for just a few min. How thankful I am that she put up with our complaining and stood strong in her decision to have a family prayer every night. Man that must have been hard. Sometimes I am sure she felt like she was the only one who wanted to. Thank you mom for having that as a goal and making sure we did that. It left an impression on my life. The Perlas family there are 5 kids and the mom got baptized when she was 14 and hasn't been to church in 25 years. But she wants to go back and she wants her kids to come with her. The only problem has been the dad and the rest of his family. So we talked about family prayer and how my mom would always gather us together every night and how special it was and how much I missed it. They loved the idea and they tried it and their dad saw them pray and his heart changed and now he is ready to learn! How cool is that??? THERE IS POWER IN FAMILY PRAYER!!! If you are not doing that in your families right now I encourage you to try it!!! Thanks mom you ROCK!!!!

We have worked hard and tracted some sweet investigator families who keep us busy everyday. The one problem now is they are so far away from any members and really don't even know any members of the church. So this week we arranged appointments for some solid members to come with us after work!!! So we are way excited about that. This is such a great area and is really picking up super fast. Its been dead for a while but now the members are excited about strengthening their ward!!! Its so sweet I wish I could explain it but. I just love this. We have seen the change that the Book of Mormon can bring in people lives. The reason we have some really sweet investigators is because we have really stressed the importance of the Book of Mormon like we really focus on it! I remember my dad saying"the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion so make it the keystone of your mission" We have done just that and it helps!!!

Well family and friends I just love this! What more can I say this is just so cool! I love being a missionary and I love the gospel!

Love,

Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne