Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 18th 2015


WHAT A WEEK!!!! It is for sure up there at the top! Awesome! So first of all skyping you all was great! I loved it! Having a family prayer kahit magkabilang mundo tayo was awesome!!! Even though I was in a computer shop I just felt so happy hearing my dad pray over our family again. That was very special....thank you! 


Alright so this week as busy busy busy! We went finding one Tuesday like mad men and was very successful. Now we just need to find who are the listeners and who are the actual investigators!!! The gospel is for everyone though its not only for a few special people. Time is the only difference.

Wedneday we finnally got the Lago family to open up!!! They are so converted on the Book of Mormon. The oldest kid who is 19 was praying so hard to know if the Book of Mormon was true and she said she couldn't go to sleep she read all night and when she finally got to sleep she woke up and without thinking she reached for the Book of Mormon. She is awesome! The mom was a very emotional and told us she knows its true but the concern is if they join the church her sister will stop supporting her kids in school. So its a very real concern but one that we can work through. There is something I have learned here and its Satan really really doesn't want any one to join the church. There are always obstacles but going through those are what makes a convert strong. Its all part of the plan and I know it! Well they came to church except the dad. We are slowly getting his trust he has a Word of Wisdom problem and is not home very often. But its coming! They are also inviting a lot of other people to come with them! This family is huge in their community and so ready!

Wednesday night we got a call from the mission president and he wanted to take us out to dinner!!! So that was an awesome surprise! He took me and my companion and four of the sisters to one of the nicest places in the city to eat. It was amazing food and they even had a band playing outside. It was that nice of a place! So that was a little different!

Thursday we got an assignment from the mission president to go to the youth conference and do a mission prep activity for the youth in the stake! The youth conference here was at a beach resort and there were over 100 kids 14-17 that came! So it was an awesome opportunity and a lot of fun!

We had a successful baptism this week. Adriana who her mom is a less active who is now back going to church was baptized and Sister Bandillion her kids are all members she just took a little more time to pull the trigger!

I love this area so much! There are some great things happening especially in the neighborhood of the Lago family! So ya it was a blast this week we had a lot of fun and felt like we had a lot of help this week. Thank you all for your prayers and support! I can feel it!

Alright so I better wrap this up but I just want you to know how happy I am here. Even though I might have got something stuck in my eye after the family prayer over skype but I am just so blessed to be here! I am so thankful for a mom goes above and beyond her calling as a mother and a rock solid priesthood holder as my dad and my best friend who does everything with only his family in mind! I love you all!!!

Love,


Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne