Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 20th


Wow!!! What another great week! I really am going to have a hard time explaining this week! But I do have to say. It has been the most successful week of my mission so far! We worked dang hard. And we found some awesome families and some sweet people to teach. We will be really really busy this week trying to get to all of them. The members has been a huge help this week! They are way excited to help us and way excited to give us referrals! It helped a ton! Maybe I will start out with yesterday! Probably the most memorable day of my mission! There is this man named Johnny. Which I sent a picture of him. He is the hardest person that I have met to understand. He speaks incredibly fast that it almost sounds like he is kinda crazy! He may be a bit crazy. But anyway we asked him if we wanted to work with us. So he went out and bought his first white shirt and tie. He has been a member for about 10 years now. He finally comes to church in a white shirt and tie! So anyway somehow I ended up going on splits with Johnny so its just me and him! Remember he is like impossible to understand! Well he ended up showing me like 4 different families and he just talked and passed out pamphlets to every one he saw! He was amazing!!! We got work done together!!! There is not a shy gene in that guys body! I was really worried about going with him but man am I happy I did! It was so sweet! 

So this week we tried to address Alfredo's word of wisdom problem! This is the kind of stuff you always here about. So with the Tagalog that I have from being here for 9 weeks we tried to explain to him that he needs to quit. He said that he really wants to but that it will be way hard for him! He wants to become a member and so we made a goal and he is slowly working a following the word of Wisdom! I was way nervous about how he was going to take this and if I was ready to teach him with the little Tagalog that I have. But you know what? It worked out. It was great. We also had a service project at his house. Because the roof wasn't fully covering his house so when it rained everything got wet! Very crazy how people can live in such small, broken houses! Very humbling! well we took off the bad tin and replaced it and covered his house up. It was a way sweet service project and he was way thankful. 

This week was ward conference and I realized how grateful I am to have a mom and dad who made me take piano lessons!!! The people here love that they actually have a piano player! So they put together a choir for ward conference and it actually sounded pretty good! I loved playing the piano and they are way happy that they have a piano for sacrament! So Ben, Ryker, Brooklyn, Easton, and Lexi!!!!!!! Listen up! Make sure you stick with the piano and listen to mom and dad. They know what they are talking about! Playing the piano pays off!!! I wish I would have practiced more!! 

Well Anyway this week has been awesome. I have felt actually being guided to the people that we meet! The language is coming and getting better everyday! I just feel so blessed to be where I am at. I feel so blessed for my family. They are all amazing! Thank you all for your emails. I love hearing from all of you! I cannot believe Macy is coming home this week! Wow that is crazy! I bet you are all way excited for that! So I just want you guys to know that I am doing good. I am healthy and I just feel great about being here on a mission! I love being a missionary and I love you all so much!!!

Love,

Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne

Service project at Alfredo's house!!