Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016

HEY!!!! Wow was it soooo good to see all of you last week! It was all just so happy because we are going to see each other in just over a month!!! AHHHH SO EXCITED!!! So out of all of the skypes this one was by far the best. Not cuz I was on one of the nicest beaches in Asia but cuz I am going to be wrestling with all on you very very soon:) 

Last week was mothers day so I didn't get to give her a shout out but since you all know my mom I don't have to say too much. Mom I love you so so so much. You are my hero. I will be trying everyday to be as strong, fast, and dedicated as you! I am so excited to show you around my 2nd home here in the Philippines and go running with you:) I love you! You are the BEST!!!

So ya I was pretty confident that Elder Palzario would be my last companion......that didn't turn out to be true. Man I loved every second with him. We had a  really special time together trying to get some sort of church established here. We seriously became so so so close! He helped me out so much and I hope I was able to help him as well. We both have progressed so much here and he was needed to be a ZL in another zone and he will do so well! So the night before we left we went out and got a special dinner on the beach! SUPER AWESOME! We went to a Mongolian Grill which is like the one we have in Ogden. All you can eat!!!! AHHHHH Turned out it was all part of the plan because the chef is a MEMBER!!!! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE HERE!!! He has been less active for about 10 years now and he is ready to come back with his family!!! WOOOOOO!!! But ya we had a super nice dinner to celebrate all that has happened to us and the area. All the miracles and even the stupid mistakes we made. It really was cool! While we were eating on the beach people would come around and play songs by request on the guitar!!! SO AWESOME!!! Don't tell anyone but I requested Home by Michael Buble :) He he

But its alright because now I am companions with Elder Ramos...So just so you know a little bit about him. Out of the whole mission if you asked the missionaries and had them each vote on who is the nicest, most hardworking missionary on the mission I bet about 80% would vote for Elder Ramos!!!! He is Ramos for being super smart and super awesome. So ya he just adds to my super stacked list of companions. He is awesome and a fantastic teacher!

So ya this week our Branch President came to our church.We have been here for about 3 months now and this is his 2nd time....Imagine that. He does live 2 hours away. So we finally got him to sign the baptismal records, give him the members ship record numbers we collected, and collect the tithing so next time people can be given the priesthood and start exercising their priesthood! So its been a slow process because of that but its all good cuz seriously we have about 60 members now about 8 full families. We got tons more progressing investigators. Two families are ready to get baptized as soon as they get their problems on their birth certificate fixed....only in the Philippines.

Yup things are going SUPER SUPER well here. I love it so much! This is the best way to end a mission. I feel like a missionary of old. Its fulfilling. It feels good! I love you all so much have a great week!!!!

Love,

Elder Jackson Erik Craythorne



Mango Season!!!
I eat about 10 every day. When we are just walking around they will just be all over on the road and you just pick them up and BOOM heaven.